Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lost in Translation

Well I had my first Lost in Translation moment. Remember the scene when Bill Murray is in the gym alone while visiting Tokyo? That was me at 6:30 am. I was the only person in there. The gym's ceilings were less than 7 feet tall so even I could reach them without standing on my toes.

I crashed hard last night and was awoken by my iPhone going off at 5:45. I'm now waiting to meet another local lawyer named Ma Qiang for breakfas at my hotel. The accomodations are phenomenal. My secretary Kim found the perfect location. I actually think my room is only slighy smaller than my apartment in Houston. It has a love seat, chair, coffee table, office desk, and a bathroom the size of my kitchen with a full tub and separate walk-in shower. The hotel is called Mariott Beijing City Wall and is directly adjacent to the city's original city wall erected over 800 years ago. It's visible from my room. OK, Im off to go iron my shirt for the first business day and then it's off to breakfast and local counsel's office. No UPS truck sightings yet, but I have my eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment